Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Product Spotlight: PB2 Low Fat Peanut Butter


I have to admit, peanut butter is one of my guilty pleasures. I could eat it on anything- bananas, apples, smoothies, brownies, cookies, cakes you name it. I have also been known to eat it by the spoonful...straight from the jar. Despite the fact that it is both delicious and satisfying, I always have a guilty feeling after indulging on it. With the average tablespoon of peanut butter being around 180 calories and 18 grams of fat, who doesn't feel guilty afterwards? When trying to be healthy and watch your weight, those numbers can seriously set you back.


The day I came across PB2 I nearly lost it. I was so excited. Now I am able to eat peanut butter without any of the guilt! Sound too good to be true? Its not!


The people over at Bell Plantation really figured out how to do it right. They use a special process that presses the oil (and fat) out of the peanuts without adding preservatives or altering its chemical makeup. This special process reduces the fat in the peanut butter by 85%. What you are left with is the delicious peanut taste, without the calories and fat of traditional peanut butter. That leaves it with just 45 calories and 1 gram of fat for 2 tablespoons!


PB2 is so easy to use and can be put on ANYTHING. All you do it take 2 tablespoons of the powder and mix it with 1 tablespoon of water or the liquid of your choice. Stir it, and it turns into the exact consistency and tast of normal peanut butter. I have used it in smoothies, on fruit, and in recipes while baking. I can even staisfy my afternoon sweet tooth by making a little bowl of it and eating it straight. Click here to see some great recipes that use PB2. It comes in original and chocolate peanut butter (my personal favorite). This product will satisfy all of your peanut butter cravings, while still allowing you to fit in your jeans!

No comments:

Post a Comment